As a b-b-b-bonus Bleeping Sickness only one week after the last episode, we gathered together some of the internet’s hottest #content #influencers to break down this year’s E3 conference: what worked, what didn’t, how we feel about the dabbing panda. Full shownotes/links to our Twitter shitposts below!
FYI, apparently E3 brings out the foul mouths in us nice boys, so we draw your attention to the EXPLICIT tag on this episode (parental advisory, like we’re NWA (or House of Pain)).
01:00-11:00 Not time for a catch up, we gotta get straight to that sweet sweet content!! First up was EA, who showed off their annual franchises and then ruined their presentation of Star Wars: Battlefront II with some eSports nonsense. Mainly this section is us making fun of sports games and not caring about Battlefield 1, which appears to be the general consensus on the EA presentation!
- Admittedly, Moonlight‘s Mahershala Ali as your daddy is one way to get us to play Madden
- Who are the Blazer Men????
- The gameplay trailer for A Way Out does look pretty nice
11:40-52:00 Next was Microsoft, who wanted us to buy a car and learn how to enunciate the difference between “X” and “S” with greater clarity. But at least we might get a chance to play Jet Set Radio Future again now that backwards compatibility for original Xbox games is a thing. We don’t understand Forza. Then there were a bunch of games, which actually looked pretty good!
- Here is the Eurogamer article about Gran Turismo Pete mentioned
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins (2017)
- Shame about The Last Night, eh? Maybe the first time a hype train has derailed before even leaving the station
52:20-1:06:03 We finish up this first part with Bethesda, who didn’t actually announce all that much but what they did announce was innovative new ways of killing Nazis, so at least they at least nailed that part of the presentation!
- No strong opinions on Fallout 4 in VR, maybe just watch the Monster Factory episode
- Oh no, not Milkshake Nazi!
- Tom wrote a bit about his issues with Dishonored‘s treatment of violence, but he’ll probably buy this new thing anyway, because he’s a hypocrite
Oh yeah baby, it’s a two parter! Like “Who Shot JR”! Like “Who Shot Mr Burns”! Except nobody got shot. We just worried that nobody would want to listen to two hours straight of Pete winding Mike up vis-à-vis Assassin’s Creed. Except the second episode of Bleeping Sickness: Gaiden: E3 Adventure later in the week.
In the meantime: follow us on Twitter! Read more of the blog! Rate, review and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes! LOVE US.