Overwatch, ever heard of it? For the fifth episode of the Bleeping Sickness podcast we (including Special Guest Jess!) chat breeze about Blizzard’s little-known class-based multiplayer online shooter starring a monkey, a robot, and Dick Van Dyke’s character from Mary Poppins reincarnated into the body of a time-travelling queer woman. Open up this loot box, chums, and it’s all friggin’ gold.
00:12-20:57 After a frankly fantastic introduction, and nobody will disagree, we go through what we’ve been playing this week. Like we do every episode. C’mon, it’s like a proper podcast with regular features and everything! Mike has been working through the Metro Redux and the Uncharted 2 remaster, Pete has been smashing through Transformers Devastation, Sean has some more thoughts about Horizon: Zero Dawn, Jess has been playing the delightful Topsoil, and Tom has been struggling through The Secret of Monkey Island.
- Here is a link to the worst Transformers spin-off, solely to upset a friend of the podcast
- Who Shot Guybrush Threepwood? (The Death of the Adventure Game) comes recommended
- Remember the second episode, when we talked about Breath of the Wild? Good times
21:07-29:45 The main topic of discussion today is Overwatch! The horny shooting game! First of all we run through our preferred characters and, thankfully, nobody outs themselves as a Hanzo main. Everybody loves to be Tracer, because Tracer is great, as is everybody’s trash son Junkrat.
- FYI, “Hanzo Main” is Officially an Insult Now
- henlo winston
- We recorded this like the week before Doomfist launched, soz!!
30:00-45:22 What does Overwatch do that other competitive shooters don’t? That’s the question we are attempting to answer in this segment, with shout-outs to the similarly colourful and low-toxin community of Splatoon. Teamwork is nice, isn’t it, decide the people recording a group podcast.
- Is this Splatoon/Overwatch mash up bad or not, idk, TeeFury has broken me
- Mourning the Roadhog nerf
- The Overwatch comics are pretty great, actually
46:00-1:09:00 Whoa listener engagement, that’s a fun new thing for us to try, we took some questions from our Twitter account and the Facebook community based around IGN’s “Prepare To Try”. Sorry we did not answer the weird sex ones, but, well, maybe not that sorry.